We’re often asked for the same travelling tips for Ireland at RebelCityTour.com. What’s the transport system like in Ireland? How do I get around? What’s the best mode of transport to get from A to B?
Well, we’ve decided to compile a list of all the Irish website links you’ll need. Whether you want to know how to get to-and-from the airport. How to get a taxi in Ireland. Or how long you’ll be waiting for a bus in a city center location. Our links will help.
First though, if you’re planning on renting a car in Ireland, you won’t want to miss our Everything You Need To Know About Renting A Car In Ireland blog post and downloadable guide and checklist.
Travelling Tips for Ireland
We’ve organized our travelling tips for Ireland into the following categories. First transport links…
Check out our essential transport links for the Republic and Northern Ireland.
- Get a taxi in Ireland – https://www.free-now.com/ie/
- Camper Van hire companies – https://www.campingireland.ie/sales-hire-type/camper-van-hire-sales/
- Track your public transport connections – https://moovitapp.com/
- Plan your entire trip in Ireland – getting from A to B – using public transport – https://www.transportforireland.ie/
- Buses to Irish airports – Aircoaches.ie
- Public transport in Northern Ireland – Translink.co.uk
Travelers come to Ireland to explore the landscape, history, and culture and soak up the cead mile failte or one-hundred thousand welcomes the country is famous for.
Below is a list of tourism websites covering everything from Monastic Ireland to National Trails to official government websites packed with information.
If you’re thinking about travelling to Ireland as a free & independent traveler. Then these links are a great place to start.
- Wild Atlantic Way (official website) – https://www.discoverireland.ie/wild-atlantic-way
- Booking a B&B (Bed & Breakfast) in Ireland – https://www.bandbireland.com/
- Irish Official Tourism Site – https://www.discoverireland.ie/
- Official Northern Ireland tourism website – DiscoverNI
- Megalithic (Stone Age) Ireland – http://www.megalithicireland.com/
- Monastic Ireland – http://monastic.ie/
- National Waymarked Trails in Ireland – https://www.theirelandwalkingguide.com/trails.html
- Hiking trails around Ireland – alltrails.com
- Walk Northern Ireland – Walk Northern Ireland
- Mobile phone network coverage areas (map) – https://coveragemap.comreg.ie/map
- Free public WIFI locations in Cork city – WIFI Locations Cork City
- Farmer’s markets in Ireland – https://www.bordbia.ie/farmers-markets/
These are just a few websites from the Irish government that may interest the traveler to Ireland.
- Road Safety Authority in Ireland – https://rsa.ie
- Health, employment, visas – https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en
Cost of Living Guide:
Finding info. on flights, car rental and hotels are the easy part. Budgeting for your trip Is a good bit harder e.g. how much is a pint of Guinness in a local bar in Cork? How much does it cost to fill your car with gas (petrol)?
The site below will answer all of your questions…
- How much does stuff cost in Ireland? – Cost of Living
We hope you enjoy your time in Ireland and find these travelling tips for Ireland useful. They only serve as a starting point for your research.
If you’re a free & independent traveler and you wish to experience an authentic rebel city tour of Cork, you’ll want to tell your friends about. Then check out our website RebelCityTour.com.